Wednesday, July 2, 2008

it always does this

i like how this kitten makes a pillow out of whatever's around, even if it's only vaguely horizontal. i loved, in the shade this morning and just out of the cool sun, watching a baby's smooth, fat legs wade through the grass. whispering goodbye to all the passing cars.

i've got baby-sized hickeys on the freckled-most part of my arm, and the woken kit licks my leg clean of blondness. you know what else? the shimmery screen gives me chills in embarrassment, and some things that fall so cute feel too great. a little kitty, squeaking every time she jumps, looking at a bicycle in amazement like she might could figure out the machine.

last night i was bored in all except a tiny part of my brain by the way that alcohol slurred somebody's words around in the wrong order, and i laughed at the wrong parts of secretly funny stories. and, whoah, each best part of the night was that same face in my face, novel again and again.