Tuesday, May 27, 2008

in factuality:

i used to use capital letters, in my first blog post. now it's like my fingers have gotten as lazy as my mouth. you know, i wish the song playing on repeat in my head would turn lazy like that, and quiet down or, better yet, warp like they do it on the tee-vee dee-vee-dee.

and to return, briefly, to the aforementioned guru (robert motherwell, if you're just dying to know), he tells me so proudly, and with such authority, that painters have a language, but that they don't even know what it is! they just start painting, and not knowing anything of what will emerge doesn't even begin to discredit their genius. imagine that, and when i do, i just sit down and begin.

this day has been: incredibly long (not as long as yesterday; yesterday was twenty-four hours!)